FAKE COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF AKWA IBOM IKOT EKPENE SENATORIAL DISTRICT STAKEHOLDERS MEETING AND NEW YEAR GET TOGETHER HELD AT THE DEPUTY GOVERNOR’S LODGE, UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE
It was another show of shame and desperation in the Deputy Governor’s Lodge, Government house, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State as Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District (ISD) Stakeholders disagreed moves by Barr. Emmanuel Enoidem to impose himself to the ISD Stakeholders as the sole candidate in forthcoming Senatorial Election.
The meeting at the Deputy Governor’s lodge which was haphazard and ended in fiasco, should be disregarded as there was no adoption or endorsement of Mr. Enoidem as the sole candidate.
1. The Stakeholders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from the ten (10)Ten Local Government Areas of Akwa Ibom North-West (Ikot Ekpene) Senatorial District were invited for a New Year Get-Together/Meeting at the instance of His Excellency, Mr. Moses F. Ekpo, MFR, Deputy.
2. That the stakeholders were not notified about any adoption or endorsement of any aspirant before, during but after the New Year Get- Together meeting. This means it was one of their shabby plan to use the elders/stakeholders of ISD.
3. That the stakeholders who were carefully selected in bias attended the meeting with joy thinking the Deputy Governor wants to for the first time show appreciation to the stakeholders of PDP ISD.
4. That after the Deputy Governor made his speech without mentioning adoption or endorsement, peace was maintained until a communique was read and was in contrary to the purpose of the meeting.
5. That the Vice Chairman of Oruk Anam, (Her Excellency, the Governor’s wife home town) opposed such communique slamming that it is out of point. This also means that the Governor is not part of this.
6. That the stakeholders who tendered their signature in attendance list withdrew their supports.
7. That is it a usual protocol to sign attendance list during such gathering but using the signatures for adoption and endorsement is criminal act of desperation.
8. That The stakeholders left the gathering angrily, hence the meeting ended in fiasco.
Kindly disregard any information pointing at adoption or endorsement by ISD PDP stakeholders because they were taken unaware. They had no knowledge of the gathering that’s why many of them even attended the meeting.
It will interest you to note that Barr. Enoidem in 2015 spare headed the purchase of Senatorial form for His Excellency Senator Godswill Akpabio when it was Abak Federal Constituency’s turn to occupy the Senate position.
This he did for appointment which was given to him in a lucrative ministries by Senator Godswill Akpabio in exchange for Senate.
You can’t eat your cake and have it. Barr. Enoidem was settled with Commissioner for 10 years and National Legal Adviser for four years and his scorecard is not worthwhile.
He should be given a retirement notice because other people in the party are willing and ready serve.
Barr. Enoidem is a fan of appointments, he is currently the DG Maintain Peace Movement (MPM) which is a source for His Excellency Deacon Udom Emmanuel’s succession plan.
Record shows that no succession movement leader has been stubborn to the point of seeking an elected position except this turn.
The Governor should note that this is a careful plan to thwart his succession agenda.
The leader of Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District, Senator Christopher Ekpeyong was not in the meeting and such meeting was pronounced illegal, invalid and doesn’t hold water.
The general public should desist from such gathering for the sake of peace as proclaimed by the His Excellency, the governor of Akwa Ibom State