Transacting any business online with your Automatic Teller Mechine (ATM) card could be so tough at times.
If it’s your first time purchasing online, you’ll always get an unsuccessful result but if you always get such feedback each time you’re trying to buy something online, don’t worry anymore, we’ll help you out now.
Getting an unsuccessful result while paying for items online isn’t mostly because your card is bad, it’s because you haven’t activated your card for online transactions.
I know how worrisome it could be especially when you pay of your choice of goods, they tell you the payment is unsuccessful yet you receive a debit alert from your bank.
Information Drillers will help get over that in this article, if you’d ever experience such while buying online.
How to Activate Your ATM Card for Online Transactions in Nigeria
In Nigeria, you can find three most used types of cards. They are Interswitch Verve, Naira MasterCard, and Naira VisaCard which you can easily obtain in any Nigerian bank. If you are not sure exactly which one you have, look at the front and back of the card for the logo.
Most online stores prefer Master card and Visa card for transactions, so if you want to get a card for online transactions, go to your bank and ask for Master card or Visa card
After getting the ATM card, be polite enough by the customer care agent that want to use it for online transactions, the bank customer care agent will assist you activate it.
But if you’ve gotten your ATM cards already and each time you try purchase online it fails, the follow the steps below.
- Go to your bank’s ATM stand
- Insert you ATM card into the machine
- Put in your correct password to gain access
- Select the Quickteller option
- Another menu will display, you select pay bills
- Then select others
- You will be asked to enter a code
- You dial 322222 as the payment code
- Then you enter your bank alert phone number as customer reference number
- The machine will inform you that you will be charged
- You agree and finish
- After doing that, your ATM card will be accepted for online transactions
- You will be 1 naira for the transaction and 100 naira for the ATM charges.
The above steps will help you activate your ATM card for all online transactions and always use the One Time Password (OTP) that will be sent to you.
The OTP helps your bank stay secure your bank account and to verify if truly your approve the transaction.