NIN How to Link your National Identity Number with Your Phone Number How to Retrieve Your National Identity Card Number – The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) had earlier announced that telecommunications operators in the country will block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Numbers (NIN) within 2 weeks.
This is to say that failure of the subscribers to register with NIN will lead to the blocking or disconnection of the line by the end of December 31, 2020.
Despite the huge public protest against the sudden announcement of the policy and short time frame given to Nigerians to comply, NCC has still changed their decision.
However, The Nigerian Identity Management Commission (NIMC) have directed that network users can link their NIN to more than one sim card. They also ordered that telecom subscribers should take their NIN to the office of their service providers.
This means that, if you are using, MTN, Airtel or Glo, you should take the sim card alongside your NIN (National Identity Card) to the office of your service providers for them to help you link it.
However, some Nigerians who posses NIN are still confuse on how to go about linking their phone numbers to their NIN.
Information Drillers, will help you on how you can link your phone number to your NIN, read carefully to know how you can link your national identity cards to your phone numbers.
How to Link Your National Identity Number to Your Phone Number
See How to Link Your National Identity Number NIN to Your MTN Sim Card Number
Here are the steps you can take to link your national identity number NIN to your MTN sim card number:
- To link your NIN, simply dial *785# using the phone number you wish to link, enter your NIN and submit or;
- Dial *785#Your NIN# from the phone number you wish to link. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically.
- Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim/using your phone or computer.
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
See How to Link Your National Identity Number NIN to Your Airtel Sim Card Number
Here are the steps you can take to link your national identity number NIN to your Airtel sim card number:
- Dial *121# on the Airtel line you wish to link.
- Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
See How to Link Your National Identity Number NIN to Your Glo or 9Mobile Sim Card Numbers
Here are the steps you can take to link your national identity number NIN to your Glo or 9Mobile sim card numbers:
- For the other networks, you simply visit the nearest office of your service provider (Glo or 9mobile) to register/link your NIN.
- Go with NIN and your SIM pack or call the customer care line of your service provider.
- 9mobile said it is making effort to develop a system that would make things simple for its customers.
- You can check your NIN status by dialling *346# from your 9mobile line.
If I Lost My National Identity Card Number What Should I do to Link My Phone Number to my Card?
If you have lost your National identity card number, you should dial *346# to retrieve the NIN. It also said that USSD code is available on MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile. You will be sent your NIN to the number you used to register your NIN.
Important Notice About Linking NIN to your Phone Number
The NIMC warned the general public to beware of fraudsters and scammers who are on the prowl to swindle unsuspecting people prior to the notice given by NCC to telecommunications operators to give 2 week ultimatum to disconnect sim cards not registered with NIN.
How to Retrieve Your National Identity Card Number
The National Identity Management Commission has provided a USSD code for the retrieval of the National Identity Number. You have to dial *346# to retrieve the NIN. It also said that USSD code is available on MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile.
My Sim Card That I Registered With My National Identity Card Number NIN Got Lost and The Number Has Been Given to Another Person, What Should I do?
- For those people whose SIM card used for the registration of NIN have been reallocated, NIMC urged such people to visit their telecom registration centres to have their NIN merged with their current SIM card.
- For name modification, individuals are urged to visit NIMC office and pay the sum of N500 via Remitta. Further breakdown showed that for those adding or changing a new name, newspaper publication and court affidavit are required, while those with misspelt name require no newspaper publication.
- Those who are yet to enroll are advised to visit https://www.nimc.gov.ng/ or click HERE and visit the nearest enrolment centre to complete the registration.
NIN How to Link your National Identity Number with Your Phone Number How to Retrieve Your National Identity Card Number