Second Wave of Covid19 in Akwa Ibom State Updates – The government of Akwa Ibom State has ordered for strict compliance of Covid19 guidelines has new cases of Covid19 looms.
In a statement signed by the Secretary to the Akwa Ibom State Government, Dr, Emmanuel Ekuwem, he said that, there is need for strict compliance with Covid19 guidelines and protocols.
The statement reads:
“With the global resurgence of COVID-19 and the current increase in the number of new daily infections in our state and country, there is an urgent need to raise public consciousness to the need for strict adherence to the AKSG/NCDC/WHO COVID-19 guidelines and protocol in the interest of individual and public health of our dear state.
In the past few weeks, the State Government has observed a drastic lowering of COVID-19 guidelines and protocols compliance by a significant percentage of citizens and residents in our state. Specifically, people no longer use face masks regularly; religious events no longer adhere to COVID-19 protocols and guidelines for the conduct of services among other acts of non compliance .
To this end, the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, His Excellency, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, has directed as follows:
1. All State Government events requiring large crowds are hereby cancelled.
2. Strict enforcement of COVID-19 guidelines and protocols be strictly enforced at the Christmas village.
3. Large political meetings are discouraged until the current spike COVID-19 infections is reduced.
4. Religious leaders must adhere strictly to the guidelines and protocols for programmes as developed by the Christian Association of Nigeria ( CAN) and submitted to government.
5. School administrators must ensure compulsory and proper use of face masks by students, teachers and everyone in the school premises.
6. All COVID-19 guidelines and protocols must be strictly adhered to by everyone:
6.1 Use of face masks remains compulsory in all public buildings, offices, public places, tricycles, buses, cars, churches, mosques, markets, hotels, schools, etc
6.2 Social distancing must be maintained in all public events ( indoor and outdoor), in tricycles, cars, taxis, buses, schools, churches, etc.
6.3 Regular hand washing with running water;
6.4 Regular use of sanitizers in homes, offices, public buildings, schools, churches, mosques, hotels, markets, etc;
6.5 Personal temperature measurements at entry points into all public buildings, churches, schools, etc ; high body Temperatures are to be reported to the nearest medical facility.
6.6. Hotels, bars, night clubs, restaurants, fastfood outlets and tourism resorts to adhere strictly to further specific guidelines and protocols as outlined by the COVID-19 Guidelines and Protocol Task Force of the Hotel and Tourism Management Board.
7. All COVID-19 Guidelines and Protocol Compliance Monitoring Teams in Churches, Mosques, Markets, Motor Parks, check points, etc, are hereby directed to increase the frequency, intensity, scope and scale of their monitoring activities.
We owe ourselves and our state a duty to help curb the rapid spread of the dreaded corona virus by undertaking all necessary precautionary measures as issued by AKSG, NCDC and WHO and other relevant public health Organizations.
While the government is battle ready to fight and contain the pandemic, we must act cautiously, not carelessly to keep safe and save others. Recently, the test results from our PCR laboratory clearly indicate a sharp increase in the number of new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our state.
Compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines and Protocol is better than another lockdown”
So far, over 11,000 cases of Covid19 in Nigeria has been recorded one the past three weeks.
7 new Covid19 cases in Akwa Ibom State as at 21st December, 2020, has been confirmed and 420 new cases were recorded in Akwa Ibom State last week, according it NCDC reports.
Stat Safe, Keep the Rules.